Monday 25 July 2011

Ruby's Baby Bloomers

This is a project I have been sitting on for a while. I bought the fabric back in February, but knew they would not be needed until the summer. This was when our Great Niece Maisie reached six months old. As usual  Considering the pattern size I used was for 6-12 months she'll probably need to grow into them a bit. I left them to the last minute!


I made these using the Ruby's Bloomers pattern from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. The book suggests making a set to give as a gift so I chose some contrasting bright and bold fabric. I used ~

Ann Kelle Metro Market Strawberries ~ Red
Ann Kelle Metro Market Cherries ~ Aqua
Anna Kelle Confections Cupcakes ~ Aqua

It took a few attempts to get the elasticated stitching right around the legs, I was certainly well practiced well practiced after the third pair!

I managed to photograph two of the three pairs last week. North Cornwall is now under a blanket of fog so I will re-do the photo to include the 'cupcake' pair as soon as the sun shines again.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous little bloomers and they look so pretty photographed against the tree

    ReplyDelete